What’s up, world!
Welcome to my blog
My name is Timothy Hammond, and I am the Big City Gardener. I started down this road in 2017 with no idea where I was going. My parents are both avid gardeners as well as their parents and probably all the way back down the family tree. So, I have been playing around in gardens for my entire life, and I like to say I am true to this, not new to this.
Urban Gardener, Creator, Influencer and Thinker of Fresh Ideas
No matter the size of your space, Big City Gardener encourages growing healthy foods for nutrition and medicine. Thank you for visiting today, and if you wish to learn more about growing, let’s talk it over a cup of tea!
Big City Gardener’s mission is simple; to help you just grow it!
Upon joining Instagram, I noticed a few things. One, there weren’t many minority gardeners showcasing urban gardening. Second, what I thought were simple everyday tasks and knowledge seemed foreign to others. And third, that nobody made gardening dope or approachable.
With Big City Gardener, I decided to tackle these three issues. As well as, I believe everyone has a green thumb, but the only way to find out is to get in the garden and get your hands dirty.
I still think writing and talking about myself is awkward, so rather than read this about you page, check out the resources from Big City Gardener. The in-depth blog articles here on this site, the short-form content available on any social media platform, or turn on the Just Grow it Podcast. These resources serve one purpose: show the world how dope gardening is, remove any fear or reservations associated with gardening, and inspire millions to just grow it!
There’s so much knowledge you can gain from growing, so just grow it!
Fresh From The Garden
As Seen On
Latest On The Blog
- Growing Carrots: Your Complete GuideCarrots are one of my favorite crops in my fall and spring garden. The taste of homegrown carrots trumps anythingContinue reading “Growing Carrots: Your Complete Guide”
- Growing Beets: Your Complete GuideI love beets. That probably has something to do with my dad’s love for beets. I grew up eating beetsContinue reading “Growing Beets: Your Complete Guide”
- Growing Kale: Your Complete GuideOne of the trendiest foods in the market right now is kale. If you ask me, it deserves all the praiseContinue reading “Growing Kale: Your Complete Guide”
- Growing Fruit Trees: Your Complete GuideNo gardening space is complete without fruit trees or bushes. These perennials are an excellent way to add low-maintenance high-rewardContinue reading “Growing Fruit Trees: Your Complete Guide”
- The Importance of Sun ExposureThere are three essential contributors to the success of a garden, sunlight, water, and soil health. As gardeners, we mustContinue reading “The Importance of Sun Exposure”
- Growing Calendula: Your Complete GuideIf I could only grow one flower for the rest of my life, it would be calendula. It is easyContinue reading “Growing Calendula: Your Complete Guide”